The Thinking Chair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Metaphysical Economics II: Value Contracts

Go down

Metaphysical Economics II: Value Contracts Empty Metaphysical Economics II: Value Contracts

Post  B-Ran Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:31 pm

People make choices. A Value Contract is what a choice looks like when you break it down and examine its constituent parts. A Value Contract always works off this basis:

The exercise of my potential, which limits my overall potential, is an acceptable cost for buying my need.

No one engages in any action which does not have an attached Value Contract. A Value Contract can be as simple as "Getting up and spending my time and energy, which means will not have that time and energy available, is an acceptable cost for moving across the room for a glass of water."

Value Contracts are implicit rather than explicit. In other words, when you make a choice, you are involved in a Value Contract whether you understand that you are in one or not. If you make a choice, there are components to that choice that you have weighed. Those components are always potential and need.
B-Ran
B-Ran

Back to top Go down