The Thinking Chair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Independent Living Links, Books, and Other Sources of Info

3 posters

Go down

Independent Living Links, Books, and Other Sources of Info Empty Independent Living Links, Books, and Other Sources of Info

Post  Gattaca Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:42 pm

I figured I'd start a thread where all of us could share our sources of info on this stuff.

This really is my wife's expertise (I'll see if I can get her to join the forum...?). Anyways, she enjoys reading the following forum:
http://www.doomers.us

It's sort of a doomsday site, but it has thread topics on Energy and Water Production, Community Preparation, Security and Self Defense, and even a Tinfoil Hat section. I've never really checked it out, but I thought I'd pass it along.

I do have some wind turbine info sites somewhere but I have to find them.

Please feel free to post your links and share with the group!

Gattaca

Back to top Go down

Independent Living Links, Books, and Other Sources of Info Empty Re: Independent Living Links, Books, and Other Sources of Info

Post  Enron Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:40 pm

Gattaca wrote:I figured I'd start a thread where all of us could share our sources of info on this stuff.

This really is my wife's expertise (I'll see if I can get her to join the forum...?). Anyways, she enjoys reading the following forum:
http://www.doomers.us

It's sort of a doomsday site, but it has thread topics on Energy and Water Production, Community Preparation, Security and Self Defense, and even a Tinfoil Hat section. I've never really checked it out, but I thought I'd pass it along.

I do have some wind turbine info sites somewhere but I have to find them.

Please feel free to post your links and share with the group!

Yeah, have her join! I will check out the doomers forum. I am interested to see what is on there. I am not much of an "End Times" guy. Still it seems like there would be some good resources on there.
Enron
Enron

Back to top Go down

Independent Living Links, Books, and Other Sources of Info Empty Re: Independent Living Links, Books, and Other Sources of Info

Post  B-Ran Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:43 pm

Check this out!

It looks like a veritable goldmine!
B-Ran
B-Ran

Back to top Go down

Post  Gattaca Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:47 am

B-Ran wrote:Check this out!

It looks like a veritable goldmine!
Great site, B-Ran!

My wife thought it was super awesome. ...and as I've mentioned before...all of the farming, canning, stuff is really her bag. ...I'm a programmer and I prefer my nice, clean, temperature-controlled, non-labor-intensive environment.....but that whole freedom and security thing is what attracts me for some reason. Smile

Gattaca

Back to top Go down

Post  B-Ran Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:54 am

It's interesting that you are a programmer. I've been thinking about how to integrate traditional craftwork with modern infotech. I know there must be some utility there that I just don't have the knowledge to conceive of. After all, computers are pretty dang useful.
B-Ran
B-Ran

Back to top Go down

Post  Gattaca Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:35 pm

B-Ran wrote:It's interesting that you are a programmer. I've been thinking about how to integrate traditional craftwork with modern infotech. I know there must be some utility there that I just don't have the knowledge to conceive of. After all, computers are pretty dang useful.

I saw a thing on the Ed Bagely Jr. show the other day that was a sprinkler system that got updates from The Weather Channel. ...That way your sprinklers wouldn't turn on if it was supposed to rain (or had rained).

Stuff like that is pretty cool.

Gattaca

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum