The Thinking Chair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I know I'm popular, but this guy...legendary.

2 posters

Go down

I know I'm popular, but this guy...legendary. Empty I know I'm popular, but this guy...legendary.

Post  more jake-jokes Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:58 pm

I was in a local coffee shop and ran into Rick Dancer (former Secretary of State candidate) this afternoon. He knew the guy I was with so they started talking it up. I came in halfway through the conversation and ended up doing quite a bit of listening. Their conversation was about religion and the role of the church, which was an interesting topic, but it got me thinking about the fact that he's actually doing something to further the cause that he believes in by getting involved in politics. Although I don't completely agree with the way he stands in politics from what i know of him, I think he is the exact kind of person who could be a huge asset to the cause of liberty and defense of people's rights.
The reason I'm saying this is because I know that there is a need for people representing us in our government. Here in Oregon, there is no one. Not all of us are cut out to hold public office, so by teaming up with those who are called out by others to be leaders, we can actually have someone represent our views, whether that's local, state, or federal government.
I think that Rick Dancer would probably give some of us the time of day to explain the importance of some of the things discussed in this forum. I know he doesn't hold an office right now, but he's potentially more influential in Eugene/Springfield than almost anyone I know.
more jake-jokes
more jake-jokes

Back to top Go down

I know I'm popular, but this guy...legendary. Empty Re: I know I'm popular, but this guy...legendary.

Post  Enron Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:57 pm

Do you think you could line up an hour to have a discussion with Rick? I would like to hear more about his plans and I would love to pitch the Campaign for Liberty to him and get his thoughts.
Enron
Enron

Back to top Go down

I know I'm popular, but this guy...legendary. Empty Re: I know I'm popular, but this guy...legendary.

Post  more jake-jokes Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:25 am

I bet you I could. From what I heard him say, he seems pretty open. I'll hit him up.
more jake-jokes
more jake-jokes

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum