The Thinking Chair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help Me Win at my Sociology Class

2 posters

Go down

Help Me Win at my Sociology Class Empty Help Me Win at my Sociology Class

Post  B-Ran Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:43 pm

Today, we were talking about income disparity. As everyone knows, income disparity is some sort of stupid statistical farce whereby sociologists try to prove how unfair the world is.

What I want help with here is "proving" (by way of statistics) that the rise in "income disparity" over the last twenty years is almost entirely due to the coincident expansion of the credit market. Also, if anyone knows how to make awesome power-points, I'd love to make this graph:

Borrowers (Poor People)-------------------income disparity-------------------------------Rich People
Credit (not income)--------------------------used to buy things--------------------------->Revenue (income)
Credit (not income)--------------------------backs securities------------------------------>Dividends (income)
Credit (not income)--------------------------buys houses----------------------------------->Profits (income)

Etc.

Last edited by B-Ran on Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
B-Ran
B-Ran

Back to top Go down

Help Me Win at my Sociology Class Empty Re: Help Me Win at my Sociology Class

Post  Enron Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:05 pm

B-Ran wrote:Today, we were talking about income disparity. As everyone knows, income disparity is some sort of stupid statistical farce whereby sociologists try to prove how unfair the world is.

What I want help with here is "proving" (by way of statistics) that the rise in "income disparity" over the last twenty years is almost entirely due to the coincident expansion of the credit market. Also, if anyone knows how to make awesome power-points, I'd love to make this graph:

Borrowers (Poor People)-------------------income disparity-------------------------------Rich People
Credit (not income)--------------------------used to buy things--------------------------->Revenue (income)
Credit (not income)--------------------------backs securities------------------------------>Dividends (income)
Credit (not income)--------------------------buys houses----------------------------------->Profits (not income)

Etc.

I will help you with this project. At work right now, so I can't do anything yet, but I will call you later.
Enron
Enron

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum